- “Mothering Sunday” is an anagram of “unorganised myth”.
- Our new 1:4 VGA distribution amplifier requires a male-to-female lead to connect it to the laptop, rather than the more common male-to-male lead.
- It is a good idea to bring all possible computer leads to church, to make sure you have the right one to hand when you find that your new toy requires the opposite gender of connector to the one you expected (see above).
- You can get from church to our house and back in around 10 minutes.
- It is a good idea to make sure you know exactly when in the service a particular media item is required on the projector screen.
- Getting things out of the cupboard in the vestry is easy. Getting them back in is harder.
- The tie clip for the lapel microphone was not, in fact, still attached to my jacket following last week’s sermon.
- It is hard to find lapel microphone tie clips when they are lost in a tangle of purple rope (such as that used for lowering a casket of ashes into a hole in the churchyard). But it is good to persevere.